Impact Training is a sacrificial year given over to learning more about God, getting a passion for the nations and having your life turned upside down. We’ll give you the opportunity to travel overseas and see how the gospel is reaching another nation, participate in the growth of a local church and equip you in sound theology and leadership skills.
- Church Project – Every Impact student is based in a church, gaining experience in a particular area such as Kids Work, Youth Work, Social Action or Media, as well as many more!
- Training – As part of the Impact Year we meet regularly together in Bedford for training which covers theology, skills, leadership as well as discovering our identity in God.
- Overseas Trip – You’ll have a chance to travel overseas to experience and serve a church in a different culture.
- *New for 2017!* - Sputnik Internship - As part of your Impact year, you can apply to specifically develop your own art practice. There will be good time given to work on your own projects under supervision from artists in your field. Based in Birmingham, this is potentially for any Christian creative who is keen to strive towards excellence in their practice and would like to create work for a universal audience (not just for Christians).
- Martin Tibbert – Martin is an elder at Woodside Church, Bedford and oversees Impact Training and regularly teaches on the course.
- Ruth Matthews – Ruth is responsible for much of the day to day running of Impact as well as overseeing students welfare during the year.
- Adam Haywood - Adam is an invaluable member of the team, bringing a great teaching gift, support for the guys and loads of experience from his work in schools and youth work.
The course runs over one year starting in September and running through until July. The dates for the training blocks are:
- 2017 – 7-14 September, 6-10 November
- 2018 – 8-12 January (Centre Parcs), 6-9 March, 24-27 April, 27-29 June
All of the training blocks apart from the January training take place at Woodside Church, Dover Crescent, Bedford, MK41 8QH.
The January training block takes place at Centre Parcs with the other Newfrontiers Training programmes.
The cost for the year is £1350 which includes all training costs at Bedford (including accommodation and food) and the week at Centre Parcs. Costs associated with the time at the host church are not covered.
We provide hosts for you during training blocks at Bedford, usually with families from one of the Newfrontiers churches. Typically, you stay with the same family each time you come.
If you have any questions or you’d like some more information then we’d love to hear from you.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Woodside Church, Bedford on 01234 272022