Leadership Training is a two-year training course for leaders, developing your leadership skills, theology, doctrine, and character. Wherever you’re called to lead – in your church, your workplace or your community – Leadership Training is designed to help you develop your gift.
Leadership Training is made up of three key components:
- Training - Forty days of theological and leadership training, including: a comprehensive biblical theology programme, teaching modules in systematics and church history, and training in Ephesians 4 leadership: vision-casting and team-building, preaching skills, pastoring people, cross-cultural evangelism, prophesying and hearing from God, and so on. This is followed up by written assignments.
- Discussion - Interactive sessions and open forums to discuss leadership issues with experienced leaders in Catalyst and elsewhere in Newfrontiers.
- Mentoring - to discuss the issues raised in the sessions and help develop your skills as a leader.
- Andrew Wilson - Andrew is the course director, and teaches a number of the theological modules. He has taught on Newfrontiers courses for ten years, and is currently completing a PhD in New Testament Studies at King’s College London. Andrew is on the leadership team at Kings Church London, and has written several books.
- Simon Holley - Simon is the lead elder of the King’s Arms Church in Bedford, and teaches a number of the leadership modules on the course. A popular conference speaker and the author of Sustainable Power, Simon has seen his church grow in size, community impact and evangelistic effectiveness as they have pursued more of the power of God.
- Andy Johnston - Andy oversees training for Catalyst and is responsible for overseeing the accreditation via Moorlands Bible College. Andy also teaches several of the historical modules and has responsibility for hosting, leading discussion and for pastoral support of students. He is an elder at King's Community Church, Southampton, and holds a PhD in Church History from the University of Southampton. He is also the author of several books and academic articles on the Reformation.
- Janet Johnston - Janet is responsible for hosting, leading discussions and for pastoral support of students and is based with her husband Andy at King's Community Church, Southampton.
- Judith Barnett - Judith is the course administrator, and is based at Kings Church in Eastbourne. She has co-ordinated both Leadership Training and Impact Training for nearly nine years, and is responsible for the logistical and administrative aspects of the course.
- Biblical Theology - Pentateuch, Conquest to United Monarchy, Division to Exile, Exile and Return, Gospels, Acts, Paul and James,Church Under Attack
- From Scripture to Theology - , Scripture and Hermeneutics, God, Gospel, People & Mission from 100-1400, Church History since 1400, Eschatology, Ethics in a Messy World
- Apostolic Leadership - Leading with Vision, Leading with Faith, Leading and Managing Teams
- Prophetic Leadership - Pursuing a Supernatural Culture, Prophesying and Hearing from God, Prayer, Spiritual Warfare and Demonisation,
- Evangelistic Leadership - Everyday Evangelism, Culture, Contuextualisation and Apologetics, Reaching the Nations with the Gospel
- Pastoral Leadership - Discipleship, Pastoring People, Godly Character and Self-Leadership, Walking in Freedom
- Teaching Leadership - Preaching and Teaching, Sifting Theological Debate
- Paul’s Leadership Training Course - 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus
The course runs over two years and takes place in ten two-day blocks per year on Fridays and Saturdays. The dates for 2016-17 are as follows:
- 2017/2018 - 22-23 Sept 2017, 13-14 Oct, 10 - 11 Nov, 15-16 Dec, 19-20 Jan 2018, 23-24 Feb, 16-17 Mar, 20-21 Apr, 18-19 May, 15-16 Jun
Training is hosted at New Life Church, The Ridgeway Centre, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH.
The course costs £1000 per year for students wishing to take the diploma option.
The courses costs £850 per year for students who do not wish to take the diploma option.
Payable by cheque or bank transfer (details available on request). Cheques can be made payable to Catalyst Network of Churches, and sent to Judith Barnett, Kings Centre, 27 Edison Road, Eastbourne, BN23 6PT.
Overnight accommodation in Milton Keynes can be provided if required at a cost of £20 per night.
If you're interested in finding out more about 2017-18 course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.